Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Potato-y Goodness


I ordered some All-Blue potatoes grown by Nils and Meadow of Sweet Meadows Ranch last week from the Chewelah Valley Fresh Market, and decided to roast them to go with dinner. I had never tried any type of blue potato, but I think I assumed that some flavor quality would be lost in selecting plants and seed potatoes for really blue (well, more like purple if you ask me!) color, but boy, was I wrong. These are delicious. I just gave them a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkled them with kosher salt, slid them in to roast at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. They were creamy on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. I was so pleased with how great they tasted, and how pretty they looked on the plate with a hunk of grass-fed T-bone steak and some steamed broccoli, I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product! You'll just have to trust me...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment